Sunday, August 4, 2013

Teen Beach Movie 10th Birthday Party!!!

Mc Maddie turned double digits today!! I can't believe 10 years ago we were camped out in the hospital waiting to see her cute little face! How time flies!
Last year she had a big friend party/sleepover, so this year we did it low key and just invited her favorite cousins Dinosaur and Ninja Panda over for a little celebration. She wanted her theme to be Teen Beach Movie, No surprise there, since we have been watching/listening to the movie the past month! My only problem was I could find anything any where. So we put our creative minds to use and came up with her awesome party!!

First I found these printable signs at Teen Beach Movie Party Kit . I just printed them out on cardstock and hung them up with some tape.


Mc Maddie getting ready to Party!!!





I then printed out the Logo for the movie onto sticker paper. I bought yellow cups at Walmart and Modge Podge over the sticker so the ink wouldn't run when the kids added their drinks. We also bought pink and green plates and teal forks from Walmart to go with the color scheme.

 At Party city I found some beach party signs and we broke out the markers and crayons to make a Big Momma's sign.
At Target we found these fun in the sun barbies and Mc Maddie picked out the 2 that she wanted to be Tanner and Mac. We were going to add them to the cake but decided to place them with the silverware because we ended up getting an Abbott's Ice Cream cake! Also on the table is our Juke Box radio, and some sand pails to hold the napkins. It's hard to tell in this picture but half the table has a beach table cloth and the other half has a biker table cloth!
The other decorations are from Party City and the Dollar store. At party city the 50's stuff was all on clearance and we were able to get a table cloth, napkins, record stickers that we stuck to some streamers, a Glitter Juke box and some black plates. We also got the party Lanterns from Party city, beach table cloth, napkins and plates for the cake. The beach ball we got at the Dollar store as well as the Luau decorations. The surf board my dad had gotten years ago when Ninja Panda had turned 8! We also got a bunch of Boogie Boards from 5 below and of course the pool was filled with blow up surf boards and beach balls...I however forgot to take a picture!! Oh well!


And so that was our Teen Beach Movie Birthday Party!!! Here are  a couple more photos that we took with the surf board.
Even Nana got in on the party fun!! And Mc Maddie was excited to find shorts just like Mac,lol.



XOXO
Mommy Mentionables

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun party! I've got a ten year old as well, a boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone had a great time! It looks like fun (and perhaps a good theme for an older crowd as well...the kind with adult beverages...hmmmm)
    Thanks for linking up to the Get Inpsired Weekend Blog Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and an adult party does sound good!!

      Delete
  3. You did a great job. Everything looks great! I'm sure the kids had a blast. My kids loved the movie as well but they love most Disney movies. My 8 year couldn't get enough Camp Rock. :) Found you on Bloggy Moms. Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! McMaddie also loved Camp Rock and her 6th birthday theme was that.

      Delete
  4. I cried when my third son turned 10. Lol To me it meant that he was really growing up and I just wasn't ready for that. Looks like a great party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they seem to grow up in the blink of an eye!!

      Delete
  5. so adorable! I am looking for inspiration and came across your party! Love the pic with the kids AND the dog too! :)

    ReplyDelete